IBM Sametime - IBM Collaboration Solutions Actions
Real time collaboration
How do you know if someone is available to chat? How do you save time when you just have a quick question? How do you meet with people in other cities or countries? Do you ever think 'there must be an easier way!' Well there is, IBM Sametime is the answer to all your communication needs.
Got a quick question? Get a quick response.
- Begin a conversation or ask a question to anyone in corporate directory.
- Chat with one person, or start a group chat with all relevant people.
- Transfer files through your chat screen.
- Capture and share a screen shot of what you're working on.
- Searchable chat history so you don't lose any important information.
- Integrated audio and video for click and call.
Rich Presence Awareness
See who's available, and avoid disruptions.
- Online status through icons. See available, away, in a meeting or do not disturb.
- Customise your status message.
- Set up alerts for when certain people become available.
- Geographic location awareness.
Defy geographic boundaries.
- Invite people to a meeting by drag and drop from your contact list.
- Plan meetings with a consolidated calendar view.
- Access from a browser or a client.
Stay in touch when you are away from your computer.
- Display your online status, geographic location and custom status message.
- Use your instant messaging and see chat history.
- Participate in Sametime online meetings on your Research in Motion® BlackBerry® smartphone or from a browser on your iPad or Android tablet.
- Use your Sametime Unified Telephony number to make voice calls.
Turn your computer into your phone.
- Integrate existing infrastructure through plug-ins provided by your telephony vendor.
- As an entry into unified communications, turn your Sametime Connect client into a standards-based Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phone.
- Integrate multiple PBX back-ends and provide a simple, rich unified communications experience on the desktop client, with phone presence, intelligent call management and more.
Flexible, Secure, Standards Based Communication
Built-in support for major server and client operating systems, including mobile device support, and directories.
Take advantage of built-in integration with IBM WebSphere® Portal, IBM Lotus Notes®, IBM Lotus Quickr™, IBM Connections, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint software to use unified communications in context of your work.
Use a robust software developer kit (SDK) featuring Eclipse-based rich-client and Web 2.0 APIs to communications enable business processes.
Connect to multiple telephone systems with the optional standards-based middleware layer.
ISW know IBM Sametime because we use it! As a business that has people in four offices across Australia as well as people constantly on the go, Sametime provides an easy communication channel for quick questions or online meetings. We even use it to keep in touch with clients who we've installed Sametime with. Jump on our website chat, yep, that's integrated using Sametime too!/strong/li