IBM Tivoli Storage Manager - Back up and disaster recovery - ISW - Australian IBM Premier Business Partner Actions
The Tivoli Storage Manager range of products are designed to keep your important data safe from the threats that exist in the digital and real world. Data can be deleted, stolen or misplaced. Or your systems can be wiped out from a natural disaster or simply crash for an unknown reason. With so many opportunities to lose data, you need to make sure you have the best software in place to get it back, fast.
A backup and disaster recovery system for the head office.
Backup and recovery for remote or regional offices.
Keep your files safe with backup and recovery on your laptops and desktop computers.
Every business needs a backup and storage solution and every business probably has one to some degree. BUT what about the recovery of data if a disaster occurs? What would your business lose while waiting for data to be recovered from your current storage system? If being unable to operate computer systems for more than a couple of hours is inconceivable, then Tivoli Storage Manager is your only head office option.
- Speed of data recovery - we are talking hours, not days!
- Automation – everything can be set to automatic process; length of storage time, backup periods, storage tier migration.
- Centralisation – ALL your systems data stored in one place.
- Efficiency – reduce network traffic with incremental backups.
- More for less – manage more data with less infrastructure.
- Hierarchal storage management.
- Policy based archive management.
- Advance data reduction.
Does your business have offices scattered around the country. Maybe a few in one state or one in each state? If you think it would be great to be able to store and recover the data from any office in one central location, then keep reading.
- Cheaper, greener storage – no tapes or tape drives means less power and cooling requirements.
- Minimal interruptions
- Set and go – no need for onsite management.
- Easy integration – cover the entire enterprise by including Tivoli Storage Manager as part of a Unified Management Platform.
- Automated on site and off site backup.
- Self programmed backup.
- Block level data recovery.
Have you ever considered what critical business data and information would be lost if a laptop crashed, or your file server failed? Often the most important information is contained in what users are working on right now, and updating constantly. If the worst was to happen, would you really be happy to rely on last night's backup?
- Real time data protection
- No work interruption as backup runs in the background
- Faster, up to date data backup of critical files
- Optimised bandwidth with only changed files being backed up
- Your choice of data recovery points
- Minimised backup/recovery window
- Write protect data locally even when not connected in case of virus, corruption, logical error or user error
- Send data to a range of backup devices - Disk, NAS, USB...
- Easy to set up and manage
- Continuous data protection
- Periodic backup to a remote file server of Tivoli Storage Manager
- Multiple versions of files retained
- Instant backup of changed files
- Set options for high and low priority files
- Set the length of time you retain data files for
- Stand-alone protection at a local cache
- Remote and local disk support