IBM Software Value Review - Services Actions
Software Value Review
Compliance and optimisation of your IBM licence
As IBM continues to improve and extend its software portfolio, new products are added, old products retired and offerings are bundled/unbundled all the time. Combine this with the wide array of licensing models and options and it's easy to see how keeping track of your software entitlements can become a challenge!
A Software Value Review from ISW
The process involves establishing your current licence entitlement and comparing them with your usage. Based on the findings, you will receive recommendations to achieve the optimal licensing package for your requirements.
All steps will be conducted under strict confidence with appropriate Non Disclosure Agreements in place.
Some common areas of licensing confusion
- Virtualisation – the differences between full capacity and sub capacity licensing
- Changes to licensing models, product bundling and how this affects your entitlements
- Access to software licence purchase history to establish entitlements
- Using the IBM Licence Metric Tool to report on sub capacity licensing
- Licensing rules for disaster recovery, development and test environments
- The impact of IBM acquisitions
- Changes to the IBM Passport Advantage terms and conditions